Before The First Day
- Share the training agenda with the employee.
- Schedule sessions with relevant team members for department-specific training.
- Send training manuals and the employee handbook, if applicable.
On The First Day
- Welcome the new employee and introduce them to their team members.
- Review company policies, procedures, mission, values, and culture.
- Provide a tour of the office and familiarize them with their work area.
- Set up their workspace, email, login credentials, and any necessary software or tools they will need for their role.
- Discuss the employee’s job responsibilities and expectations.
- Discuss performance expectations and review any KPIs or metrics that will be used to measure success.
- Share information about employee benefits and any necessary paperwork that needs to be completed, including tax forms and emergency contacts.
- Review specific training materials, manuals, or software related to the employee’s role.
- Provide an overview of the company’s products and/or services.
- Discuss customer service policies and procedures.
- Review safety protocols and emergency procedures.
- Provide access to necessary resources such as company handbook, intranet, etc.
- Explain key policies, including attendance, code of conduct, and data security.
- Introduce the employee to their mentor or buddy, if applicable.
- Provide detailed training on the employee’s specific job responsibilities.
- Discuss any upcoming projects or assignments and provide necessary background information.
- Provide any additional training or resources specific to the employee’s role.
- Review the finer details of the employee benefits package, such as options for health insurance, life insurance policies, and stock options.
- Discuss opportunities for growth and development within the organization.
- Schedule regular check-ins with the employee to address any questions or concerns they may have.
- Encourage the employee to ask questions and provide feedback on their training experience.
- Clarify expectations and performance metrics.
- Discuss expectations for their first performance review and how progress will be evaluated.
After First Week
- Regularly check in with the employee to ensure they settle into their role smoothly.
- Provide additional training or resources as needed.
- Encourage the employee to ask questions and provide feedback on their overall experience thus far.
Our New Employee Training Checklist is a comprehensive guide for fostering a successful onboarding experience. Customizable to your organization’s needs, it ensures new hires receive essential information and resources. From pre-day preparations to ongoing support, this checklist empowers HR professionals to create a positive and effective onboarding experience, setting the stage for long-term success.