In July, we shared our brand-new vision for the future of small-business accounting and bookkeeping: People Advisory. Since then, we’ve been overwhelmed by the interest in our advisory approach, partner certification, and other aspects of the program, so we’re answering your most frequently asked questions here.
Got a burning question we haven’t answered? Reach out to your partner advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you’re not a partner and would like to be, get started here.
- Is there CPE credit for getting People Advisor Certified? Starting on Monday, December 7th 2020, partners can earn 4.0 CPE credits for completing People Advisory Certification. CPE credits are issued in collaboration with CPAacademy.org within 7 business days of course completion.
- How long does it take to get certified? Certification takes about 4 hours. Already an expert? Take the Fast Track Test to get certified instantly.
- Does it cost extra to get certified? Nope! If you’re already a Gusto partner, certification is free for you and every member of your firm. Just sign in to Gusto Pro and go to Gusto Learn. Not a partner yet? Learn more here. When you become a partner, you’ll get access to our certification program, time-saving tools, and expert resources, not to mention our community of accountants and bookkeepers.
- Where can I watch the recording of Gusto Next? You can access the recording for free here. If you’re a partner, you’ll find it in the Advisory Hub on Gusto Pro, where you’ll also see playbooks, toolkits, and partner success stories to help you turn ideas into action. The Advisory Hub is located on the right hand side of your Gusto Pro dashboard.
- How do I get People Advisor Certified? What about group certification? It’s easy! Partners can get certified by signing in to Gusto Pro and going to Gusto Learn (on the right hand side of your dashboard). While we don’t have a program specifically for groups, everyone at your firm with access to Gusto Pro can take the certification program at their own pace.
- At Gusto Next, you talked about how software like Practice Ignition and Jirav can support People Advisory. Are these included for free? Gusto partners get additional tools, resources, available integrations, exclusive discounts, and special offers when they sign up with our software partners. Practice Ignition offers client-engagement materials tailored to People Advisory, starting with a free trial and 20% off professional and scale monthly plans in your first year. To power your people-focused financial analysis, Jirav gives you a 14-day free trial followed by a $100-per-month subscription.
- How do I get my clients started on People Advisory? After you get certified, check out our People Advisory Playbook to learn how to start selling your new advisory service. Review the checklist called “Turn People Advisory into Revenue in Four Steps,” to do just that. Then, you’re ready to start scheduling time with clients to chat. You’ll find the Playbook in the Advisory Hub on Gusto Pro.