Are you a business owner in Michigan? Or, maybe you’re considering launching your next venture in the Great Lake State? Then you’ve come to the right place! Here you’ll find guidance on how to start a business, fund your business, operate your business, hire employees, file for taxes, stay compliant in your state, and more.
Bookmark this page and keep checking back to track new legislation and developments in Michigan that may affect your company. Now, let’s dive in!
How to register your business in the state of Michigan
First thing is first: Here is how you register your new business in Michigan.
Find funding for your Michigan-based business
Every business, whether new or established, requires funding. Luckily, there are business loans and grants specifically designed for Michigan-based businesses. Check out the Michigan business funding page to find a loan or grant that’s a fit for your company.
How to file and pay business taxes in Michigan
Navigating the tax landscape can be complex—especially for busy business owners. Here is an up-to-date tax guide for Michigan businesses.
Managing employees in Michigan
- Here’s the employer’s guide to hiring employees in Michigan.
- Are you calculating employee paychecks? Use this Michigan salary paycheck calculator to determine withholdings and calculate take-home pay for your employees in Michigan. (We do the math for you.)
- Need to calculate hourly employee paychecks? We’ve got a Michigan hourly paycheck calculator, too.
- Check out the payroll service and regulations for Michigan here.
- Are you hiring in Motor City? Here’s average salary information by industry for Detroit