January has gone and February is closing soon. If you think it’s too late into 2015 to make some changes to your business, thankfully that’s not the case. Here are four ways to give your business a clean slate in 2015.
Start running payroll and benefits with Gusto
Revisit your marketing
Customer acquisition should always be top of mind when you’re running a business. With so many new customer acquisition channels, it can be pretty daunting to feel caught up. Here are a few articles that can help you optimize your current marketing efforts:
- How to Master Email Marketing in One Week from Gusto
- Essential Facebook Marketing Resources: A Complete Guide from Social Media Examiner
- What Is SEM & Paid Search Marketing? from Search Engine Land
Going paperless isn’t only good for the environment; it also increases your productivity. In a previous post, we uncovered that 15% of an organization’s revenues are spent creating, managing and distributing documents. What could you do with those savings?
For a clean slate, consider adopting some software that makes going paperless easy (find many of them on our integrations page):
- HelloSign and PandaDoc for contracts
- Asana, Trello, and Evernote for to-do lists and note-taking
- Expensify and Receipt Bank for expense tracking
- When I Work, TSheets, Deputy, Nimble Schedule, and Boomr for time tracking
- And of course, Gusto for payroll, benefits, and workers’ comp
Automate (almost) everything
In addition to going paperless, software means you can automate some things that used to take minutes (or hours) to complete. For example, Gusto’s payroll auto-pilot feature automatically processes your company’s payroll and lets you know you’re good to go.
- 10 IFTTT recipes to make you more productive at work from PC World
- Zapbook from Zapier
There’s no reason to do everything on your own, especially if you can get high quality help at an affordable price! There are a number of services you can leverage to get outside support in areas from design (99Designs), legal (UpCounsel), and accounting (inDinero).
If you’re looking for something a bit more hands-on, work with a local service provider. For example, hundreds of Gusto customers use Gusto through an accountant or bookkeeper partner. It’s a great way to get some outside expertise on areas like tax or accounting, while still utilizing modern software like Gusto.
Remember, there’s no better time than now to give your business a clean slate. So don’t procrastinate and get started today.