Planning an offsite can seem overwhelming at first; there can be a ton of moving pieces to coordinate, but at the end of the day, you just want to make sure your team is happy and has fun. Here are some things to remember as you’re planning to make sure your offsite is awesome:
- Diversity and inclusion: Make sure it’s accessible and that there are activities that everyone can participate in.
- Location: If it’s further than walking distance from the office, plan out how everyone will get there.
- Seating: Make sure you have enough seating for everybody attending.
- Indoor/outdoor: Determine if you need both indoor and outdoor space, and see if that’s available at the venues you consider.
- Food: Try to respect any dietary restrictions your team might have, and provide options to suit everyone’s tastes.
- A/V equipment: Need to present a slide deck or show a video clip? Make sure you have the right setup for it.
- Security: See if the venue provides security or if you need to provide your own.
- Waivers: Check in with your legal advisor to see if waivers are necessary for your event, and if they are, get your team to sign them in a timely fashion.