What is Gusto?
Gusto is the one place modern employers can go to onboard, pay, insure, and support their hardworking teams. With our smart technology and friendly service, we make the lives of working people a little easier, a little more secure, and a little brighter every day.
What is a full-service payroll platform?
A full-service payroll platform means that Gusto handles payroll from start to finish—from tracking hours, to calculating earnings, to deducting taxes & benefits contributions, and finally to filing all state, local, and federal tax filings and statements. There are no do-it-yourself motions—this is all built into the Gusto platform. Gusto allows small business owners to focus on running their business, rather than being (or hiring) a full-time HR professional.
What types of customers do you serve?
Small and medium businesses (SMBs) with 1-100 employees in almost every industry except household employees whose wages are reported on Schedule H (Form 1040 or 1040-SR) and agricultural businesses that need to file a Form 943.
Why use Gusto?
- Commitment to serving small businesses. Our focus is on SMBs ranging from 1 to 100 employees. Gusto was built by small business owners for the small business community.
- Intuitive software built for people. We know that many small businesses are new to the payroll world—we designed our platform with those companies in mind.
- Customer support. Our customer support team is available via phone, chat, and email. They’re here to meet the needs of small business owners at each step along the way.
- Transparent pricing. At Gusto we pride ourselves on our transparency. With all of our plans, there are no hidden fees, no setup fees, and no tack-on fees. What you see is what you get.
- Our plans operate on a month-to-month basis, and small business owners can run as many payrolls as they want in a month at no extra cost. Because there’s no annual commitment, they aren’t locked into to a long-term contract.
Below is a simple comparison chart of various features Gusto offers alongside some of our competitors’s products.